THE BRITISH COLUMBIA ROCK 'N BUS PAGE
TRANSIT BOOKS, BROCHURES and NEWSLETTERS
- "The Pictorial History of Railroading in British Columbia" by Barrie Sanford (©1981 Whitecap Books Ltd. - ISBN 0-920620-27-2 - hardcover, 144 pages - 1st edition, 1981)
- "THE BREWSTER STORY ...from pack train to tour bus" by E. J. Hart (©1981 E. J. Hart)
- "Chillwack By Tram: The B.C. Electric's Fraser Valley Line" by Brian Kelly (©1985 Brian Kelly - Vancr. Pub. Library Call No. 388.46 K29c VPL Central branch)
- "...and leave the driving to us...a history of Greyhound Lines of Canada" by E. J. Hart (©1986 Greyhound Lines of Canada)
- "THE STORY OF THE B.C. ELECTRIC RAILWAY COMPANY" by Henry Ewert (©1986 Henry Ewert - ISBN 0-920620-54-X - hardcover, 336 pages - published by Whitecap Books Ltd., 1086 W 3rd St., North Vancouver, BC - 604-980-9852)
- "Rails To Rubber" by Brian Kelly (© Brian Kelly)
- "ROUTES...The Lighter Side of Public Transit" by Heinz Hammer (©1989 Heinz Hammer)...new and revised site. A chance to WIN $500! Check it out! Excellent site with lots of transportation links.
- "TRANSIT IN BRITISH COLUMBIA...THE FIRST HUNDRED YEARS" by Brian Kelly and Daniel Francis (©1990 Brian Kelly and Daniel Francis - Harbour Publishing Co. Ltd. - Vancr. Pub. Library Call No. 388.409711 K29t - 10 copies available - Oakridge & other branches)
- "The Street Side Guide To Urban Transit Fleets In Canada" 1995 Edition may be ordered from The Canadian Transit Heritage Foundation
- "A Bus Of My Own" (autobiography) by Jim Lehrer
- "White Widow" by Jim Lehrer (Random House) The story of a middle-aged bus driver who falls in love with a beautiful passenger.
- "One Hundred Years of Transit in British Columbia" by Daniel Francis with photo contributions by Brian Kelly (published by BC Transit - 1990)
- "Farewell to Brill" by Brian Kelly (1984 Metro Transit Operating Co. - Jan 15/84)
- "Motor Coach Industries.....A Dream Come True" ("Profile of A Coach Builder...The First Sixty Years")
Special edition brochure commemorating MCI's 60th Anniversary, with an April 9, 1992 release date.
- "Rider's Guide to Accessible Transit" (1991 BC Transit/Vancouver Regional Transit System - Sep/91 & Nov/91 printing - includes 'Accessible Transit Route Map')
- "The Bulletin" is published quarterly and is available to members of The Canadian Transit Heritage Foundation
- "Transit Exchange" is published ten times a year by the Corporate Communications Department of Translink for the employees of Translink (Editor is Heather Conn)
- The UBC Library holds almost a 100 books related to the bus industry. This list is the result of a recent browse through
the library's catalogue. A short description of each book follows the list. Your local library may have some or all of these books on their shelves.
Back to THE BRITISH COLUMBIA ROCK 'N BUS PAGE