1. Pairs will select their preferred day/time bracket to play qualifying matches. On the submit entries page there is a spot to selcct your first choice and your second choice.
2. Brackets will be divided into groups of 6 pairs. A round robin within the group of 6 will take 5 weeks to complete. There will be a posted schedule for each group of 6. Matches will be 12 boards played in the Expert Imp room, with final imp totals converted to Victory Points (Scale on Submit Results). The exact means of qualification will be posted when we know how many entries we have. We will qualify 32 pairs for the finals.
3. Qualifying matches will take place on the date/time for your bracket. If you can't make it you may either try and negotiate a different time with the other pair, or you can provide a sub/subs.
Finals - Double Knockout - Starts week of April 5/99
1. 32 Pairs will qualify in each event (Nov/Int and Open) for the finals. It will be 20 board matches, played in the Expert Imp room, scored just with imps - 1 loser and 1 winner. It is double knockout format, so you can afford to lose 1 match and you are still in the event. Lose your 2nd match and you are eliminated.
2. It will be up to the members of each match to arrange a good time to play their matches. Matches must be completed by Saturday Midnight PST of the week the match was scheduled. If you can't agree on a time, a default time will be established.
3. A default is a loss plain and simple. We appreciate there will be internet problems, but I'm sure we can all work these things out. This is a fun event, and if we all co-operate, it will be.
4. The KO will produce 2 pairs for the finals. The finals will be 32 boards played in 2 x 16 board sessions on different days.
1. In another on-line league I ran, we played over 10,000 boards with only one appeal, so we expect players will be able to settle their problems themselves. However, if you can't, play a provisional board and send us the appeal, with hand records, and we will sort it out.
2. The Nov/Int event will be restricted to standard Zone convention cards with only common modifications permitted. The Open is open but please, if you are using any "unusual" methods, email a copy of your CC to the opponents well before your match, with suggested defences. Highly unusual methods like forcing pass systems are not allowed. If in doubt submit your card to us and we will approve/reject it.
3. Problems scheduling matches email:
Questions or other problems email: Lorne Russell